Circuit breakers

I recently had to replace a 90 amp breaker with a 100 amp breaker, I was told they don't make 90 amps anymore, will this effect anything with a higher amp breaker. The house is 20 years old.
On 10/18/2014 1:44 PM, Milt wrote:

It will allow 10 amps more to pass before it trips. Usually not a problem depending on wire size. There is a wiring code that states breaker size and wire size. To say for sure, we'd need to know the wire size typical load. Is this a main breaker? Subpanel? Electric heat?
replying to Ed Pawlowski , Milt wrote:

This is a main breaker, it's the wire that comes from the pole.
On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 17:44:01 +0000, Milt

90 amp is still a standard breaker size. You may not find it at home depot but an electrical supply house will have it or you can order it on the internet. What size service conductors do you have?

Oh, another moaner.... thinks this is a web forum....