Circuit breaker panal type

I would like to upgrade an older fuse type panal to the circuit breaker panal. It is 100A service.

I find in the store there are two types of panals.

1) Type BR 125A Main lug indoor non-combination loadcentre. 2) Type BR 100A main breaker indoor combination loadcentre.

My question is what does the non-combination or combination loadcentre mean? Which one should I use?

Thanks

Reply to
ggao

What makes you think algae is the cause of the green colour? Other causes include excess calcium.

You are right that bubbles indicate that air is entering the system between the skimmer and the water return inlet. Only you know what connectors or mechanisms between them can be tightened and which may not. Do your pipes have screw-on connectors (requiring Teflon tape) or friction- fit?

You seem to have no plan. The Aquapro pool supplies company recommends for above-ground pools (in this order):

1: Mechanical cleaning
  1. Balance total alkalinity
  2. Adjust pH if needed
  3. Stabilize (add Stabiliizer).
  4. Add chlorine as required.
Reply to
gfretwell

Combination means that the Meter and the breaker panel are in the same enclosure. These are usually used on the outside of the building. In the non combination types, the meter can be outside and the panel can be inside or both can be together. The meter and panel are connected via metal conduit in the non combination types.

This should have been obvious if you looked at the panels out of the box.

Don't waste your time with a 125A panel, go all the way to 200A and you will have plenty of slots for whatever upgrades you want in the future. The additional cost is small, most of the cost is in the installation labor.

Reply to
PipeDown

Thanks for the info.

Reply to
Gord

Not to beat you up, but before I do any work, I would ask a customer more questions, like why?

Then I would do a current service calc on the house, add in any future upgrades/additions the client wants to add.

Then check over teh whole service enterance cables,etc.

So why, maybe you need a 200a service, or if you want to add new circuits, etc, etc...

imho,

tom @

Tom The Great