Cieling fan question

I am replacing a cieling fan and I found that the electrical outlet box is cracked and one of the screw holes is bored out too much. I'm thinking that I can fix this by removing the outlet box and screwing a new one in to the same base that it is screwed into now. Is there anything else I'll need to do to make the new outlet box safe and useable? Thanks.
Joe
In the US ceiling fans are required to be supported by boxes listed for that purpose. Since your box is cracked I'm assuming it is not a fan support box. What I'd recommend is buying a retrofit fan box. These can be installed and expanded inside the existing four inch hole you have now. The biggest problem will be trying to remove the bracket of your existing box. These boxes are available at electrical supplies and I believe HD sell one made by Westinghouse

Thanks, I'll take a look and see if I can find one.
Joe