Church without power

Page 6 of 6
On 10/31/2013 9:42 AM, bob haller wrote:

lights and other critical things.

and or your members, besides protecting your valuable investment your building.

for the needy before they get too old.

furnace. Maybe someone out there has a 230/1 generator I can use if there is a cut. It would take some custom temporary wiring, but that's OK. I have done that. I can imagine them open the doors as shelter.
I'd also like to see water and food stored. The church policy prohibits food storage in the meeting houses. Water, not sure.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 10/31/2013 10:07 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

The idea of providing shelter for residents is good. That not only is a nice gesture but believe it or not but the heat contribution of a living human is not negligible.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On 10/31/2013 10:33 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

Some where (probably in the confidential book) are some guidelines as to use of LDS buildings as shelters.
You're right, that humans put out heat. I used to remember, there is an average figure of BTU per hour per average person. That's cooling load in summer, reduced heating load in winter.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

The heat output of an adult human is about 100 watts or 340 BTU/hour. Some humans, of course, radiate more than others.
Tomsic
On 10/31/2013 1:50 PM, = wrote:

--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 10/31/2013 4:24 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

And then invite Senator Foghorn to bloviate? Could be better than nothing. Bring sugar for the kids, and have them run around the halls. I can suggest that.
Bring hot food from home. Chili cook off, and bean supper. About 8 PM have someone light a match. We'd be in geo synch orbit for a few weeks. Call it a Chili Blast Off, and sell tickets.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/2/2013 4:23 PM, bob haller wrote:

money. he ordered the sprinkler system turned off and drained. plumbers worked for days blowing down the system. it was freezing weather.

the sprnkler system was turned back on

frozen broke sprinkler lines, and then converting to a dry sprinkler system.

and the building was demolished......

--
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
for the sink you could install a small point of use water heater, and only power it on when the building is occupied
On Sun, 3 Nov 2013 07:15:08 -0800 (PST), CanopyCo wrote:

Stormin' is all about getting some attention. His "issues" are mostly not real. Any facts he is given are discarded - just massage him some more.
Stormin' comes off as if this is the first time someone ever thought of this - and it's all created by some political point he wants to drive home - and he alone has to save his church.
How many churches and other large buildings have lost power in cold weather? A lot. First, if the architects were are all competent, they included the necessary access points. Second, there has to be a big body of experience in many churches to tap. Instead he comes to a survival group and a HOME repair group to pose his question. There is expertise here, I'm sure, but not focused on big buildings.
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 20:51:46 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

31 odd lines to avoid the issue.