Church without power

Page 5 of 6
On 10/30/2013 2:41 PM, Pavel314 wrote:

I know I sure will be doing what I can to prepare. Have some extra gasoline on hand, fill the truck, and so on. I'd rather prepare for 10 drills, than be caught short in 1 real power cut.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 10/30/2013 2:27 PM, Thomas wrote:

By gosh, I think he's got it!
(from another list) Part 1) NatGeoTV: American Blackout (We Can Avert the Coming Misery)
A nationwide electric power failure is so realistically dramatized in this National Geographic television docu-drama, and is coincidentally aired both on and around the same time that a U.S. Government national power blackout drill is being conducted, that it appears that NatGeoTV is really relaying a government warning of a cyber-attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRUFHlHwzQY&feature
-overview&list=UUaWUK8en5zzBf8xsafQshqw
The U.S. Government officially announces the threat of a nationwide power failure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?vEMSuW6yfeM

--
.
Christopher A. Young

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't read anything that says that there will be an actual outage.
The articles I've read say that they will hold a "downed power grid simulation" but they never say that the power will actually go out.
If I were you, I'd call your local utility and ask them what exactly is going to happen on Nov 13 in your specific area before I started draining pipes and filling them with antifreeze.
My guess is that you won't have to do anything because the power isn't really going to be cut.
On 10/30/2013 3:50 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I hope you're right. of course, I won't go through all the pipes and pink the traps, unless the grid goes down. Just trying to stay ahead of trouble. If it were a real grid down, the drone at the power co wouldn't have been told.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

First off, you don't have to talk to a "drone". You can escalate your request and work your way up the chain, especially if you are responsible for an important entity, such as a church.
Second, if the power was really going to be shut off, I doubt they would keep it a secret from hospitals, businesses, etc., even if it was just a drill. Read the articles. The drill is not about how small businesses, hospitals, schools or churches will handle a grid outage. It's about those responsible for the infrastructure and the various government agencies that have a part to play or a concern. That being the case, there are those who are in the know and you should be able to get an answer.
As for me, I'm planning on posting from my iron lung on 11/13 just like every other day...
http://www.bagofnothing.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/0129paulalexander.jpg
On 10/30/2013 6:08 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

If the event is for the reasons the alt web sites say, no one is going to admit it. You know, deny to the end.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

OK, be honest with us. After reading the articles do you think that your church will lose power on 11/13?
It's quite all right if you do, I'm just curious. Since you started this thread, I'm willing to think that you did, at least at the beginning - unless you just wanted to start a thread for the conversation. However, I'm curious if you really do in fact still believe that they are going to shut the grid off on 11/13.
On 10/31/2013 6:58 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I think the present batch of elected officials is governing against the will of the people. The take over of every aspect of our lives is really getting worse. General Motors take over, shutting down business, DHS check points being rolled out, and so on. Right about now, would be a great time for a grid shut down, to divert attention from one scandal or other. And to provide a crisis (not to go to waste) to impose more control. Do I believe they will? I am not sure if they will. But I am certain that it's possible, and well within the list of things these folks will do to further their agenda.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

There is so, so much I could say here, but I'll limit it to a phrase often uttered by one of the more prominent posters in this ng:
Good Grief!
On 10/31/2013 1:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Thanks, Linus.
. Charlie Brown Learn about Jesus www.lds.org .
On 10-30-2013, 15:50, DerbyDad03 wrote:

My guess is that's the intent but that somewhere in this great land, someone will screw up.
--
Wes Groleau

After the christening of his baby brother in church, Jason sobbed
No one in the Chicago area apparently knows anything about a real power disruption.
On 10/30/2013 5:02 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

I would not expect the powers that be, to advertise ahead of time. Loses all the shock value.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

But they did "advertise". DAGS
Articles about the drill are easy to find.
On 10/30/2013 8:16 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Oh, for fuck's sake. It's a SIMULATION, you paranoid numbnut. It's just part of emergency planning. They've done them before, they'll do them again and again. Just like they do simulations for other disasters.
You guys cry wolf every single time. And you're wrong every single time.
On 10/31/2013 7:56 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

Maybe their paranoia and preparations are merely a simulation as well? What if they threw a simulated disaster and nobody came?<g>

With the power out it's hard to differentiate between a German Shepherd and a wolf sometimes. Depending on where one lives or was raised, it's difficult to tell between a wolf and a French Poodle.

How about a Kenyan imposter?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 10/31/2013 8:56 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

Would be nice if this turned out to be "just a drill". But, after what I've seen for the last few years, I don't know.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Such as ??
well look at it this way, buy a generator that can power one furnace at a time.. plus some lights and other critical things.
not for this simulated disaster but any time power fails..
you could promote your idea of a generator as a investment for your community.
if the power fails someday your church would have enough power to be a shelter for the neighborhood and or your members, besides protecting your valuable investment your building.
later you could suggest some emergency food. MREs or shelf stable stuff that can be rotated out for the needy before they get too old.
and dont forget bottled water.