Church without power

Page 2 of 6
On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 17:23:58 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Gravity is your friend.
On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 17:23:58 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Probably not, but is there something against the law about going back twice?

is a troll from a.s
On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 18:14:44 -0700, "Ray Keller"

Apparently you are. ...whatever a.s is.
On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 22:53:40 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Stromin' (and Ray for that matter) are resident trolls on the alt.survival newsgroup. Stomin's specialty is stupid questions about unlikely problems. Ray just likes to post political stuff.
If you want them, I can make you an attractive offer.
On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 20:11:55 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Well...a tank of CO2 at the welding supply company is about $18
Thats 5 gallons of liquid CO2 at 320 PSI. Id suggest using a regulator when blowing out the plumbing.
Gunner
--
"Their mommies tell them they're special, Liberals just don't understand
that "special" is a polite euphemism for;
On 11/2/2013 6:23 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Yes, carbon dioxide is good. Liquid in the tank, and provides a considerable lot of vapor power. Regulator, is good, also. Sadly, I don't have either a tank or regulator. Do have generator and compressor, and blow out adapters.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 08:32:41 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

They rent them.
Boy you are just a long list of endless problems.

In this case, it would probably take twenty or thirty trips to the gas station to get any where near enough compressed air. That driving gasoline woild be much better used, running a generator and compressor.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I *highly* doubt it, if you don't leak all the air before it gets into the pipe. Seal that connection well, and it shouldn't take much at all. There isn't a lot of volume in the pipes. All you want to do is push the water in the pipes out.

I'd have to go measure the pipes. But, the feed from the street is noticably larger than 3/4 copper, I've used enough 3/4 in my life. From the meter to the WH is probably over 100 feet. And the copper that feeds the baptismal font is pretty big. The building is bigger than the typical church at the corner. I got complaints about "no hot water in the womens room". Find out that with two faucets running, it takes four minutes to get water from the water heater. 2 x 1.6 x 4 = about 12 gal, and that's just that one stretch of pipe.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

12 gallons is 1.6 cubic feet. Not that much.
On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 10:10:45 -0700, Winston_Smith

Relative to what? Seems like a lot of water wasted if you want warm water to rinse your hands. I'd run a smaller pipe or a recirculating system that is timed to run only at time the building is likely to be occupied.
On 11/2/2013 3:52 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Just was in the building. It was "about" 110 steps from the water inlet to about where the water heaters are. 17 steps for me, equals 50 feet. So, from the inlet to the WH is about 300 plus feet of tubing.
Don't think I'll be able to blow that with a 5 gal tank from the gas station.
I'd like a recirc system, but who can tell. Not sure we'll ever get one.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

You better stop giving out hints, like 4 minutes to get hot water to the lady's room, 110 steps from the inlet to the WH, etc.
Keep that up and the next time I'm in your area I'll be able to figure out which church you work at.
Stalkingly yours,
DD03
On 11/2/2013 7:43 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Oh, I'm terrified. I've got to, uh, I've got to. I'll think of something. What should I do!
--
.
Christopher A. Young

He's not hard to find. He has a web page for his locksmith work. Put that address in Google and see a picture of his trailer. It was a thrill to me when I saw it. <grin>

Yup http://www.chrisyoungsshop.com/wordpress/
Read all the tabs. Just like his usenet posts. His expertise and training is that he watched his dad fix things and once got to fix a pizza oven. Nothing wrong with that but hardly a professional presentation.

You first.

Remember too, he's the one that posted he would "placate his neighbors with basketballs and fried chicken" if there was ever a SHTF situation. Me, thinks he is not on good terms with them.
On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 17:57:13 -0400, Stormin Mormon

3/4" pipe contains 1.2cu.ft. per hundred feet. So your 300 ft. run is less than 4 cu.ft. or maybe 30 gallons. A 5gal tank costs $26 at HarborFrieght. How much pressure do you need to blow out the pipe? 14psi is good for a 30' rise.

I think you're wrong but suit yourself.

How would that help draining the pipe?

CY: Hope we never need to find out. I'll be in the building one day next week for other things. I'll check some of the pipe sizes. I'm sure it's at least 3/4, as I've mentioned. I really don't think a 5 gal tank is going to do the job.

CY: Not much. But, it would help provide hot water to the womens bathroom, so they don't complain.