Chrome shower pipe

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 22:01:48 GMT, "Sacramento Dave"

I guess you're right. He should have said an oriental chromed pipe.

Rubber straps or strap wrench all I use 35 yrs

In the Yellow Pages under Ornamental Oriental.

smartass
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007

That's what you get for wondering away from that guitar group
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:58:37 -0700, Sacramento Dave wrote:

Hey I got other hobbies you know :)

Have you seen strap wrenches? Usually a plastic handle with a rubber strap. The strap circles around the thing and goes into a slot in the handle. Turning one way doesn't work but the other way it tightens the grip the harder you turn. Years ago they had cheap looking ones, but a couple years ago, I got two sizes in what seems like very heavy duty (considering it's plastic) Even if you get a cheap one, if you're careful the worst that it can do is break.
like this: http://www99.epinions.com/hmgd-Shop_Tools-All-Craftsman_2_pc_Strap_Wrench_Set_45530 http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Strap-Wrench http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/tools.asp?tool=all&Group_IDY9&store=snapon-store $36 Harbor Freight has them I think, but the page won't display for me.
I haven't used this but once, but I like the idea of plastic better. Seems less likely to scratch, and they're very cheap.
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 02:11:31 -0400, mm wrote:

http://www99.epinions.com/hmgd-Shop_Tools-All-Craftsman_2_pc_Strap_Wrench_Set_45530
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/tools.asp?tool=all&Group_IDY9&store=snapon-store
I have a Harbor outlet near me, going to take a trip there today, thanks.
mm wrote:

http://www99.epinions.com/hmgd-Shop_Tools-All-Craftsman_2_pc_Strap_Wrench_Set_45530
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/tools.asp?tool=all&Group_IDY9&store=snapon-store
They are the best thing since sliced bread. (Say, what used to be the best thing BEFORE they came out with pre-sliced bread?)
They are tanfastic for getting screw top lids off of jars, even ones I've stored left over paint in for a couple of years.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)