Chrome plating and Calcium Remover

I let the calcium-encrusted chrome plated hardware from my 1940-vintage tub soak in a solution called "Calcium Lime & Rust Stain Remover". Most of the calcium came off in a matter of 30 minutes or so, and there was no other damage, so I decided to let it soak for a few hours to get really clean.
Unfortunately, when I came back, the chrome was discolored to a light copper tint.
The active ingredients in this solution are hydrochloric acid and sulfamic acid. Does anyone know how to get the chrome back to its original color?
Thanks
Rechrome it , It sounds like it ate it away
Thanks for your reply. The chrome is still there, just with a slightly copper hue. I guess I could rechrome it anyway. Any idea how much I would have to pay?
m Ransley wrote:

<< snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) Date: Sat, May 22, 2004 1:21 PM
Rechrome it , It sounds like it ate it away >>
Agree, the chrome is likely gone, and the nickel remains. HTH
Joe
Andrew Taylor writes:

HCl acid permanently stains chromium ("chrome" plating, stainless steel). Prognosis negative.
You could try a Crome stripping solution then replate with nickel and then crome

Find a good plating shop. They will strip off the chrome (acid bath) and replate. It's not expensive.
RB
Andrew Taylor wrote:

OK, thanks sounds like a good idea. Appreciate everyone's help.    -Andrew
RB wrote:

soaking in vinegar and a little scraping with something wood or otherwise softer than the chrome so you dont scratch it, will usually take care of minerals, and i havent had it hurt any of my chrome...
randy