Christmas present question

Page 1 of 2
My sister usually buys me something and mails it to me for Christmas. This year I was low on suggestions and only asked for blue jeans and/or socks so far.
Now I will attempt to convince her that the best, safest way to ship a pair of blue jeans is to wrap them around a new laptop, the more RAM and the bigger the HD the better. Can you think of any convincing supporting arguments for this suggestion?
TIA
On 12/2/2015 9:42 AM, KenK wrote:

I've found that cash (paper currency, not coin) is a much better packing material for your pants -- or any other item she opts to send you.
She should keep in mind that most carriers suggest a TWO INCH THICK "buffer" around the item you are shipping to ensure no breakage in transit. Some folks claim higher denomination bills have greater cushioning effect than lower denominated one -- caveat emptor.
If she suggest the socks might be an acceptable "buffer"/cushion, remind her that the socks are the item that she wants to PROTECT! Shirley she wouldn't want to risk DAMAGING THEM by using THEM for protection! Sheesh!
On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 11:42:07 AM UTC-5, KenK wrote:

Is this the type of laptop you want the jeans wrapped around?
https://cdn-img-3.wanelo.com/p/759/0d5/851/b38536362c0bcc4b4532fac/x354-q80.jpg

How did you guess?
KenK explained :

Got a XP laptop you can have for $50.00.... :')
Eagle wrote:

More RAM and biggest hard drive? What if it has anemic cpu and pity graphics controller and if battery life is not that good? All our laptops in the family has Quad i7 cpu, Nvidia GTX series graphics card, at least 16 GB memory, some with SSD. But iPAD is being used more and more. I never saw laptops damaged shipped in original packaging.
Tony Hwang submitted this idea :

This one has the basic 2G memory, and a 4Gig HD. The wireless modem is a plug-in type. Whut dooz yew want fo fiddy bucks? lol
Eagle wrote:

Wow! PCMCIA WiFi card running in -G mode? That laptop should go to it's next life, LOL!
Tony Hwang explained :

I'm keeping it for nastalgic reasons. lol
Uncle Monster pretended :

Yes it is Uncle M....at 66, I hope to be around a little longer, so I'm losing the extra 60 pounds I added when I retired. At 200, I will see 70...I hope. :D
Eagle wrote:

Hmmm, You're junior to me by 10 years, LOL! I am hoping to see 90 so I can watch only grand son goes to college, god willin,g attend to his wedding...I wish. I am steady at around 165 always. almost 6 feet.
On 12/4/2015 5:44 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

My MIL turned 90 this year and is doing quite well.
--
Maggie

Muggles was thinking very hard :

That's great! How does She feel?
On 12/5/2015 5:55 PM, Eagle wrote:

She has her aches and pains, but doing OK.
--
Maggie

Muggles formulated the question :

My Ina made it to 88, and My Unci made 107. My Ate checked out at 58, and I'm the last of three at 66. I better eat more wheaties, eh?
On 12/6/2015 10:12 AM, Eagle wrote:

By all means, eat a better diet!
--
Maggie

Tony Hwang wrote on 12/4/2015 :

I was 180 in six grade, 145 at 18, 220 at 25 through 40, then jumped to 240 to 46, now a steady 260 at 66. Funny that I am the healthiest between 3 brothers, Father and Mother, and I'm the only one alive now.
Uncle Monster laid this down on his screen :

OK...Uncle humpty... lol
It happens that Uncle Monster formulated :

Yeahbut you have a heavy weight personality Uncle M... ^^

She just brings up all the things I did when we were kids (I'm 7 years older). Unfortunately, she has a very good memory.