Christmas Lights - How to do windows?

When putting up outdoor Christmas lights, what's the typical way to trim a window without overlapping?
I see houses that look great with no overlap at the windows and always wondered if they black out the unneeded bulbs with electrical tape or custom make them.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Cover the excess lights with aluminum foil. I put my lights on the bushes--no overlaps and easy to install/remove.
Don't use the foil, it could cause problems. The tape would work, also modifying the light strings would work and best would be space the lamps so the cover the distance.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Depends on what kind of lights you're using.