Christmas Lights

What methods do you use to hide lights you don't want seen?

ex: wrapping lights around a window then to and around the next window. How do you safely hide the lights between the 2 windows?

Reply to
JohnReber

I keep them in the box under the stairs storage space. Saves on the electric bill also.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'm not sure where to find them, but I've seen people use a slip-on cover to hide the bulbs you don't want to show.

Reply to
louie

Black plastic electrical tape. A strip just a little over twice as long as the bulb, and fold over the bulb. Easy to remove too. Or you can use slip on caps, but they get to be expensive.

Reply to
Grandpa

Plug in burned out bulbs, or take the wires out of bulbs and plug them back in.

Reply to
Norminn

Once you get that figured out, send me detailed instructions for this setup:

LurfysMa

Reply to
Art Todesco

Reply to
Michael Baker

I just get a shorter string if I don't need them all.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

"LurfysMa"> wrote

Wow, that was cool. Do you know who did the music, or the name of the song?

Reply to
Don

The music is Wizards in Winter on the album "The Lost Christmas Eve" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

delphiprog

Awesome

Reply to
John P Reber

Don't you mean Holiday Lights?

Reply to
evodawg

The Transiberian Orchestra - wizards in winter Off "The Lost Christmas Eve"

Reply to
Large Marge

We just went to see this house. It is in Mason, Ohio. I thought we were probably going on a wild goose chase since I haven't heard anything about this house except through an email I got -- and it didn't say where it was. (Thanks No name -- it was easy to find once I knew who owned the house).

The picture doesn't even begin to do it justice. There are more lights on it in person than you can see in the picture. And it is more colorful. Very impressive!! He plays music through an FM station that you tune into in your car -- you can't hear the music otherwise -- therefore the neighbors aren't bothered by the noise. Some were Christmas songs -- and the lights went along with the music. He played God Bless the USA which was great and ended with the one you heard.

It is on a very short dead end street in a subdivision. I can't even begin to imagine what that street is going to be like when the word gets out and it gets closer to Christmas.

Reply to
Large Marge

Ha...glad to read this. I saw the video linked in another NG and I wasn't entirely sure if it was real or editing/video trickery. Are those LED lights? The on/off time seems fast for incandescants. One thing I wondered about was the figures or whatever they are that are on the lawn in front of the peace sign...like why you can't see the outlines of the ones in front when only the rear ones illuminate. Perhaps just overexposure glare.

Glad also the music question is settled. I suggested that maybe someone might do something like that via radio just like a drive-in movie. So right on that count.

Reply to
Steve Kraus

Hellacious guitar playing in that song, puts a goosebump on my backbone..... I understand the members of Savatage created Trans-Siberia Orchestra, so that would explain it.

Reply to
Don

And now everything you ever might care to know:

Steve Kraus

Large Marge

It does make it a little less special (to me at least) knowing this is just something you can buy and plug in as opposed to some clever home engineering.

Reply to
Steve Kraus