Christmas Lights

Page 1 of 2
What methods do you use to hide lights you don't want seen?
ex: wrapping lights around a window then to and around the next window. How do you safely hide the lights between the 2 windows?
I keep them in the box under the stairs storage space. Saves on the electric bill also.
I'm not sure where to find them, but I've seen people use a slip-on cover to hide the bulbs you don't want to show.
snipped-for-privacy@ChesapeakeIsle.org wrote:

Black plastic electrical tape. A strip just a little over twice as long as the bulb, and fold over the bulb. Easy to remove too. Or you can use slip on caps, but they get to be expensive.
--
Grandpa - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

What is that dripping from my fingers?
snipped-for-privacy@ChesapeakeIsle.org wrote:

Plug in burned out bulbs, or take the wires out of bulbs and plug them back in.
Putting burned out lamps in a series circuit could be bad if there are too many. It will increase the current and shorten the other lamp's lives. I have been known to use aluminum foil to "black out" lamps in a series string that you don't want to see.
Norminn wrote:

On 28 Nov 2005 09:29:21 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@ChesapeakeIsle.org wrote:

Once you get that figured out, send me detailed instructions for this setup:
http://members.cox.net/transam57/lights.wmv
--
For email, use snipped-for-privacy@spamex.com

"LurfysMa"> wrote

Wow, that was cool. Do you know who did the music, or the name of the song?
Don wrote:

The music is Wizards in Winter on the album "The Lost Christmas Eve" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. www.trans-siberian.com
Don wrote:

The Transiberian Orchestra - wizards in winter Off "The Lost Christmas Eve"
LurfysMa wrote:

Awesome

Hellacious guitar playing in that song, puts a goosebump on my backbone..... I understand the members of Savatage created Trans-Siberia Orchestra, so that would explain it.
Cardboard box under the bed.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.
LurfysMa wrote:

We just went to see this house. It is in Mason, Ohio. I thought we were probably going on a wild goose chase since I haven't heard anything about this house except through an email I got -- and it didn't say where it was. (Thanks No name -- it was easy to find once I knew who owned the house).
The picture doesn't even begin to do it justice. There are more lights on it in person than you can see in the picture. And it is more colorful. Very impressive!! He plays music through an FM station that you tune into in your car -- you can't hear the music otherwise -- therefore the neighbors aren't bothered by the noise. Some were Christmas songs -- and the lights went along with the music. He played God Bless the USA which was great and ended with the one you heard.
It is on a very short dead end street in a subdivision. I can't even begin to imagine what that street is going to be like when the word gets out and it gets closer to Christmas.

Ha...glad to read this. I saw the video linked in another NG and I wasn't entirely sure if it was real or editing/video trickery. Are those LED lights? The on/off time seems fast for incandescants. One thing I wondered about was the figures or whatever they are that are on the lawn in front of the peace sign...like why you can't see the outlines of the ones in front when only the rear ones illuminate. Perhaps just overexposure glare.
Glad also the music question is settled. I suggested that maybe someone might do something like that via radio just like a drive-in movie. So right on that count.
And now everything you ever might care to know:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp http://www.wonderlandchristmas.com/wizardsofwinter.php http://www.lightorama.com /
Steve Kraus wrote:

More Video from Ohio: http://www.bartontech.com/funstuff/jingle.wmv
It does make it a little less special (to me at least) knowing this is just something you can buy and plug in as opposed to some clever home engineering.
Large Marge wrote:

Update: On 6 December 2005, news reports announced that Carson Williams' 2005 Christmas light display had been shut down because it was causing traffic congestion problems in his subdivision.
But there was something about them appearing in a Miller Beer commercial.