Christmas day fire (will need some home repair)

This fire displaced a friend of mine (and his wife and 11 y.o. daughter)
http://www.wspa.com/story/24305386/photos-apartment-fire-displaces-families-on-christmas-day
Hope everyone has a go bag to keep you alive while you rebuild. He was fortunate to be able to move in with relatives for a few weeks.
This building gonna need some home repair.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/3/2014 4:54 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

That sucks. Hope they are insured and get a good independent adjuster. A good one will get a much better settlement.
On 1/3/2014 9:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yes, it's rough. I've heard he didn't have renters insurance, which is sad.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/4/2014 3:04 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Ouch! From what I've heard, renter's insurance is pretty cheap. Seems like very few have it, but if you have good furniture and "stuff" it would be smart to have.

If you have *anything* of value, it's a must. Replacement value is highly recommended.

At least it wasn't like the 2012 Christmas Eve fire in your area. No police officers ambushed by the wacko who started the fire.
I've heard the owners of the damaged properties are starting to rebuild - bigger and better than before.
On 1/4/2014 1:21 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

That's been in the news. The unstable guy with the straw purchase rifle. There is a guy who ought not had a gun.
My friend smelled chemicals from next door, a couple times. Wonders if the source of the fire was cooking a batch of drugs.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/03/2014 03:54 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

A house burned down here. The people were out at the time, so no one was injured and they had their credit cards, etc..
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
On 1/4/2014 1:07 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

Still going to hurt, for sure. Never fun to have your home burn down.
--
.
Christopher A. Young