Christmas day fire (will need some home repair)

This fire displaced a friend of mine (and his wife and 11 y.o. daughter)

Hope everyone has a go bag to keep you alive while you rebuild. He was fortunate to be able to move in with relatives for a few weeks.

This building gonna need some home repair.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That sucks. Hope they are insured and get a good independent adjuster. A good one will get a much better settlement.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

At least it wasn't like the 2012 Christmas Eve fire in your area. No police officers ambushed by the wacko who started the fire.

I've heard the owners of the damaged properties are starting to rebuild - bigger and better than before.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Yes, it's rough. I've heard he didn't have renters insurance, which is sad.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's been in the news. The unstable guy with the straw purchase rifle. There is a guy who ought not had a gun.

My friend smelled chemicals from next door, a couple times. Wonders if the source of the fire was cooking a batch of drugs.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ouch! From what I've heard, renter's insurance is pretty cheap. Seems like very few have it, but if you have good furniture and "stuff" it would be smart to have.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

A house burned down here. The people were out at the time, so no one was injured and they had their credit cards, etc..

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Still going to hurt, for sure. Never fun to have your home burn down.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you have *anything* of value, it's a must. Replacement value is highly recommended.

Reply to
krw