Christie Collapse Complete - Lunatic Fringe Takes Over

A brand new poll shows Christie's favorably ratings have fallen a jaw-dropping 27 points in 40 days. A dive quick enough to blow out your ear drums. Just last month, Christie enjoyed a positive +12 national approval rating (43% to 31%). Today, PPP finds his ratings at the bottom of Hudson River, with a negative -15 rating (31% to 46%). OUCH! I should add that while PPP's last national poll was taken 40 days ago, the evidence that Christie's office was behind the closing of the George Washington Bridge emerged only 21 days ago, on January 8th. So the 27 point collapse has essentially occurred over the past three weeks. That said, I just saw American Hustle, which is story about corrupt New Jersey politicians, and these lyrics from their soundtrack seem timely:
Did you hear the news it came across the air today Someone has been found on the rocks down in the bay
Did you see him hide, did you see him crawl Does his life mean more than it did before
Did you see your friend crying from his eyes today Did you see him run through the streets and far away
Did you see him run, did you see him fall Did his life flash by at the bedroom door But it gets better!
The national GOP frontrunner is NOW Mike "Uncle Sugar" Huckabee. HA! Huckabee now leads the GOP field, with Christie dropping from first to third. He's at 16% to 14% for Jeb Bush, 13% for Chris Christie, 11% for Rand Paul, 8% each for Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and Paul Ryan, 6% for Scott Walker, and 5% for Bobby Jindal. Among Republican voters, Huckabee enjoys a 64% approval rating (64% to 18%). To quantify the extend to which the lunatics have taken over the asylum, PPP finds the most popular person among GOP voters is.... you guessed it.... Half-Governor Palin
Among GOP voters, Palin holds a stunning 70% approval rating. If the GOP had their way, the failed reality show clown would be President today. There you have it. The party of Eisenhower and Buckley is now the party of Michael Grimm, Uncle Sugar, Tim Huelskamp, and Sarah Palin.
On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:58:57 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

That's not fair. I'm sure she learned all she could learn from the office in the two years she held it.

Who cares? ^_^
TDD

you do

I don't support Fat Boy at all, he's an OBK and that's not acceptable in any way. ^_^
TDD
Haven't been following this thread... but whether Christie knew or not, it happened on his watch, and involved folks he's responsible for and/or over sees.
Christie should have manned up and resigned... that very day, and personally covered any and all expenses incurred. Permanently leaving the country would additionally be acceptable, and desirable.
Erik
On 2/3/2014 12:47 AM, Erik wrote:

Erik, is Fat Boy your governor? He's not my governor so I don't give a poop. Let the citizens of his state deal with it. He's their problem, not mine. ^_^
TDD
Per The Daring Dufas:

He's not my governor either - and I'm registered independent and not Republican.. I gave up on Republicans when Reagan started in on "Reaganomics".
Fiscally, I self-identify as an arch conservative bordering on reactionary - and neither party is anywhere close to what I would call being fiscally conservative. One party talks big, but doesn't deliver; the other doesn't even make a pretense.
Having said all that, I kind of like Christie. It's purely based on how he comes over in the media - which I admit is a pitifully-inadequate, shameful, even criterion for judging somebody.
But criticizing him because he's a vindictive SOB is a bad rap IMHO. By-and-large these are not nice people. At that level of politics I think nice people are a vanishingly-rare breed - that's just the way of the world.
But how can you not give some credit to a guy who says, in so many words, "I'm obese because I eat way too much, and what I eat is junk."
I wouldn't vote for the guy either - but people should cut him some slack.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 2/3/2014 8:26 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I believe the P.L.L.C.F., Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freaks are afraid of him and just like they go after any possible presidential candidate from the opposition, they're going after him. I think the P.L.L.C.F. are really terrified of Libertarians and will follow them around waiting for one to fart in public so they can claim Libertarians are trying to destroy the ozone layer which protects The Earth. ^_^
TDD

WOW, so we can expect you to criticize the FUNDIES when they go after Hillary?

we paid for FEMA aid to NJ, why shouldn't we be concerned with a governor that controls the busiest bridge in the United States?

Now that is one of the bigger leaps, impressive even by our standards.
but what they conceal is vital.

it's just an observation

Who the frack is "we"? I've never been on that bridge and it doesn't affect me in any way. Let the citizens of New Jersey take care of their own problems. Oh yea, exactly how much money did you give FEMA to aid New Jersey? ^_^
TDD

obviously more than you

I didn't give them one cent. So if you gave them a penny, your statement is true. Wow, a first! ^_^
TDD

wow, denial isn't a river

didn't we hear the FUNDIES say the same thing after Bengazi?

I didn't know you could sing, but then again it's bound to be off-key