Choosing New Construction Windows?

I am wondering which brand(s) I should consider when selecting windows for my new home. I am looking for reasonable quality at reasonable prices. I would like for the windows to look like wood windows, or at least noy shing cheap looking vinyl.
Thanks for any suggestions and/or links.
On 1/25/2005 10:39 AM US(ET), snipped-for-privacy@aol.com took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

You want wood on the outside too? My Andersens are white vinyl clad on the outside but stainable,paintable, wood on the inside.
--
Bill

Consumer reports rated apx 25 windows years ago, it is a good article worth finding, Go online. Condensing factor is one thing I wish I knew when I bought Pella, Pellas condense. Anderson has good glass.
We installed 2 sliding door Pella triple pane windows with shades in between 2 of the panes. So far no condensation.

Go with a nice quality Andersen window. I replaced a few windows when I remodeled two bedrooms. Real nice quality and a pretty painless install.
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

windows for

prices. I