Choosing Furnace Efficiency

Page 4 of 4
On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 20:28:20 -0600, Big Giant Head

The dealer that sold me my furnace offered a fantastic warrantee on the system and installation - then promptly went T.U. less than a year later. The warranty from the manufacturer, without the dealer to back me up, ended up being far less valuable. "pay for the repairs at the going rate, submit for warranty consideration, and we may or may not pay all or a fraction of the repair cost" that was Tempstar.
my mom and step dad had a high efficency furnace that outlived both of them , over 15 years just one preventive maintence check right before i sold the home. i know the new owners son, who reports the furnace and air were stil l running well as of last august. his parents bought the home 5 years ago s o that makes the furnace over 20 years old
i believe goodman offers a 10 year warranty on their equiptement
most offer a lifetime heat exchanger warranty
On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:27:39 AM UTC-5, Big Giant Head wrote:

A lot depends on your geographic location.
I have basic equipment. But I'm in NC where the winter is fairly mild. And I fix everything on it myself.
You might find a heat pump to be a bigger savings over a high efficiency furnace depending on where you are and what your fuel is.