Chipped and gouged terrazzo

Using a scraper to remove old vinyl tile that had been glued onto terrazzo resulted in widespread chipping and gouging in one of the rooms before I discovered the problem. I had hoped to have the terrazzo restored, but a couple of flooring guys that looked at it said it was too badly discolored/stained to achieve satisfactory results. If I want to apply new self-stick vinyl tile in the room with the chips and gouges, I assume I'll have to fill them with something. WOuld anyone have any suggestions what to use. Will probably have to cover the floor with whatever it is filling the holes as I go, then maybe removing the excess after a drying period (?)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Reply to
Bud