Chinky stinky, what you thinky?

Just got an impact driver from Harbor Freight. The thing stinks. I mean, really stinks.

Is that the usual for Chinese HF tools?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's earl. Burning earl.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Hi Stormin,

It is a cutting oil they use in manufacturing. It smells like cat pee. It is really disgusting. Never comes out.

I buy German, Japanese, or American tools.

Do you have any relatives you don't like you can give it to?

-T

Reply to
Todd

I've always felt HF stuff stinks.

Reply to
Òŕěń

Ah, maybe that's it. I've been considering leaving the plastic carrying box open outdoors for a while.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have some Xcelite's that are somewhat odoriferous even though I've had them 45 years...so don't expect that smell to go away. The ones I have, the smell is somewhat pleasant so it's no big deal.

If you don't like the ones you have , send them to me and I'll give them to my cats.

Reply to
philo

Are those small screw drivers in a plastic case?

I have a 18 compartment box for small parts (clear plastic) that has smelled like vomit for as long as I've had it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Look like china man f*ck you again.

Reply to
Joe Lowbrow

Not screw drivers, but nut drivers... I guess after 45 years I've grown used to it

philo

Looks just like the set Dad had. I thought they were well made.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon