Chinese Investment in the USA

It is actually GOOD to be "owned by the Chinese". Why? It means that the Chinese have more faith in our economy than they do in their own or that of other countries. It also means that they'd be unlikely to attack us in a war.
This was also the basis of the European Union -- France was tired of Germany attacking them in two world wars, so they sought to tie their economy to Germany's so that Germany wouldn't touch them anymore.
Foreign investment is actually a GOOD thing.
On 8/31/2012 2:59 PM, David Kaye wrote:

I suspect you'll change your mind when the company you work for is owned by Foxconn.
Do you really want your grandkids to live in a Foxconn dormitory and be slaves to the Chinese? If so, just keep buying those cheap plastic Apple iTrinkets. Bwahahahahahaaaaa!
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/14/us-foxconn-idUSBRE85D0S120120614
http://www.itproportal.com/2012/08/28/labour-rights-group-questions-fla-praise-for-improved-labour-practices-at-apple-supplier-foxconn /
On 8/31/2012 1:59 PM, David Kaye wrote:

I seem to recall a time when The Japanese were buying up America then a bubble burst and things started getting back to normal with The Japanese licking their wounds. I do believe the same thing will happen with China and their buying of America. I seem to recall the public was so afraid of Japan taking over when in reality, it was European companies that owned more of America. It used to be we bought all our cheap junk from Japan now all of our commodities seem to be coming from China. O_o
TDD