chinese booby traps

Page 2 of 2

dude, just call your boyfriend and make up. dont take it out on me..
randy
xrongor wrote:

Wrongo, klutz man, just explaining you.
Yoo amewican not funny! Yoo sey chinee makey bad too, I sey chinee makea tool bery good! What you think, I am bwack and decker? Me no bwack and decker, me just one chinee man making tool. You buy my tool now joe!

HA HA HA HA! Got a good laugh out of that!
Very good indeed! I sure can't come up with something like that!
You have a web page or file or doc full of such humourous takeoffs?
Wouldn't mind seeing more such stuff.
David
The one that comes to mind were the Pittsburgh flare nut wrenches I bought from Harbor Fright. They were so soft that they turned around the nut, and rounded nuts off. A good set from my tool supplier works nicely, and doesn't round nuts.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

man this thread is bringing them out in droves.
i think a few childeren have indeed been left behind....
randy

xrongor wrote:

Not exactly a booby trap but this did cost me an extra trip yesterday.
The cam lock on the kneehole drawer of one of our front office desks failed last week, so over the weekend I drove to the nearest Lowes and picked up a replacement. Not exactly a cutting edge product, those locks, they've probably been made to somewhat the same design for at least a hundred years.
The blister packed cam lock I grabbed and bought for $3.98 was marked "Made to Belwith's specifications in China."
When I went to install it I found that when I assembled this POS (per the instructions) either the cylinder was a bit too short or the lock body slightly long, because tightening the screw which holds the cam and rotation washer to the cylinder caused the lock to bind up tighter than a bull's ass in fly season.
I could have taken it home and milled away the back end of the lock body to gain the clearance needed for it to work, but instead I zipped around the corner to a family run locksmith shop where I bought a cam lock marked "Made in USA" for $6.80. Now, maybe some of the parts of that lock came from another country, but I bet the assembly and inspection took place here.
Total damage from that booby trap? The time and gas I wasted driving 10 miles roundtrip to buy that Chinese made one at Lowes. You do the math.
Jeff,
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
It's not the fault of the Chinese that you choose to buy - not only - the wrong equipment for the job (that seems to be a pattern for you)... but the cheapest as well.
Surprise! You didn't save a damn thing, and you bored everyone here with your sob story.
Matt wrote:

What starts with P and rhymes with "SCHLOINK"?
Matt wrote:

Damn. Ya got me. ;)
You don't think Jeff is going to POINK me do you?
Matt wrote:

Very likely; I'd get the hankies and "after cigarette" ready now.
xrongor wrote:

It's always funny when people preface something by saying it isn't what it obviously is.

whats funny is that for one brief moment i expected sanity.
whats funny is that theres always some angry young man was gonna place the race card not because he actually cares, but simply because he can.
whats funny.... is you.
randy

hehe...
So why do you do it? Is usenet your "confessional" or something?

Thanks; I vastly prefer funny to pathetic.