Chimney Waterproofing

Hi,

I'd like to waterproof my chimney with a vapor permeable waterproofing solution. I understand that chimney sweeps and repair people will do this for around $200, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. If it just involves brushing or spraying it onto the exterior brick, why not? But I'm having trouble finding the waterproofing chemical. Would anyone have information on where to get this?

Thanks.

- W

Reply to
Whippy

Why? What you really probably need is a chimney cap for the flue and another for the masonry to protect both from rain. The flue cap should be stainless steel.

Reply to
Art