Chimney Liner

Anybody have any info on Chimney Liners? Ours is starting to crumble and it was suggested that we replace it. We got an "e-quote" (from an a/c heater repair company which we have used before) in the amount of $610 but I don't know if that is for terra-cotta or stainless steel or any other details (I have to have them come out). Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!! no spam--remove last 3 letters in address to respond
$600 is for an aluminum b vent liner, the cheapest and least durable. ten years max. Vitrified clay is double that, stainless triple.

it
don't
have
Anyone know anything about chimney liners? We had the Gas co. come out and fix a bad valve and the guy checked out our flue. There were stones/concrete/rocks there but the draft was good. He said we may want to look into getting the liner replaced. A company is coming out next week to check it out, gave a preliminary estimate of 600 bucks. Is terra cotta better than stainless stell?
Thanks in advance. no spam--remove last 3 letters in address to respond