Chimney flue repair

Anyone installed a Flexiliner or similar flue in a brick fireplace? Did you do it yourself? If so how hard was it and what did it cost? IF you had it done what was the cost?
The previous owner installed a 80% effiecient furnace and vented thru an existing chimney. He didn't install a flue liner. SO...after 20 years, the inside of the chimney starts to drop bricks (from the acidic condensation) and partially obsturcts the flue. (Boo to the homeinspector who didn't spot it before I bought). Because of the partial obstruction I chose to have a liner proffesionally installed. Took half a day and cost $800 (northwest suburbs of Chicago). The obstruction didn't seem to cause them any difficulty

Great, thanks for the info!

This is one of the reasons home inspectors need to have some other kind of license other than a business license....

Install them all the time.
Cost? Can't say, it all depends on the size of liner needed, length, installation variances.
Recommendation: This is not a DIY installation! If done improperly it can cause serious issues or even result in DEATH due to Carbon Monoxide!!
~kjpro~