Chimney flue question

I'm having many of the fireplaces in my 1892 house resurrected. The flues will be stainless steel. What are the pros and cons of that versus the usual tile flues?

stanless is OK the ceramic liner somewhat better but impossible unless you tear down and rebuild the entire chimney..........
have you priced a concrete liner, its lifetime forever.
may cost less
Don Wiss wrote:

Fireplaces are excessively smokey not to mention the heat loss up the flue. Better to put an airtight wood stove insert or a stand alone stove tucked into the hole. That's what I did. I heated the whole house with a little Jotul stove tucked inside the fireplace. 5 cords for the whole heating season.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

The fireplaces are already there. I am not trying to heat the house, unless there is a crisis in NYC and I have no heat in the winter. Then my expectations are just to keep from freezing.
With a four story house one stove isn't going to heat it. Plus wood in NYC is rather expensive (as one has to pay for delivery from up north).
Don Wiss wrote:

Then you don't need new flews.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

On Mar 14, 9:14�am, "Blattus Slafaly � � 0/00 :)"

er.com> wrote:

if you ever want to use the fireplaces they must be lined somehow. and no matter how impractical a woodburning fireplace is , at home resale it adds value

nner.com> wrote:

Yep, and for repair, IMO the stainless is the only way to go, unless you want to spend many X the money and time.
On Mar 14, 9:52 am, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

runner.com> wrote:

concrete liner last forever, i have been told the stainless liners dont last forever and may need replaced.........
having seen stainless corrode i tend to believe it.
there are many qualties of stainless, checked a liner once it was magnetic, that one may have a short life