chimney flashing

The chimney flashing keeps rising up on one end ,I tried nails,some black gook for roofs,but it last a year or so,I live in Wisconsin where the winters are long,any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks

Reply to
tony pac

I just can't picture what is rising up. I guess the question is what is causing it to move up.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Sloped roof, flat roof, shingled roof, chimney at peak, chimney at side? More info might yield the answer. Just for the sake of argument, you may have crumbleboard (OSB) sheathing which doesn't exactly have the highest nai; holding power, especially if it has been chronically damp. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
tony pac

it must be the galv. counter flashing under the lead flashing lifting. or the end of the plywood wasn't nailed causing it to curl..

Reply to
3G