chimney flashing

The chimney flashing keeps rising up on one end ,I tried nails,some black gook for roofs,but it last a year or so,I live in Wisconsin where the winters are long,any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks
tony pac wrote:

I just can't picture what is rising up. I guess the question is what is causing it to move up.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Sloped roof, flat roof, shingled roof, chimney at peak, chimney at side? More info might yield the answer. Just for the sake of argument, you may have crumbleboard (OSB) sheathing which doesn't exactly have the highest nai; holding power, especially if it has been chronically damp. HTH
Joe
Sloped roof, shingled,chimney not at peak a few '' from peak,3/4" plywood under shingles.

| The chimney flashing keeps rising up on one end ,I tried nails,some black | gook for roofs,but it last a year or so,I live in Wisconsin where the | winters are long,any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks |
it must be the galv. counter flashing under the lead flashing lifting. or the end of the plywood wasn't nailed causing it to curl..