Chimney Caps - WHERE?

I'm looking for a chimney cap. I have a square chimney pipe. Home Depot or Lowe's doesn't sell these so who does in the Pacific Northwest?

JaKe Seattle

Reply to
jkdrummer

Try google. The phrase - square chimney caps - yielded 193,000 hits. Most of the retail offerings on page one of the search pages were pertinent to your question.

Reply to
Roger Taylor

The last time I looked, Lowes on Aurora had them. Or, try a woodstove shop.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Got mine at Home Depot for a square chimney.

Reply to
trader4

I got mine at a local hardware store, Be sure to spend a few bucks more and get stainless steel. I had a black one and after the paint started to chip after a few years, it started to make a mess with rust down the chimney side and siding.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I got six hits on the phrase (as enclosed in quotation marks). You found

193K pages that had all three of those words on them somewhere.
Reply to
clifto

wrote

Check a masonry supply yard, brick/block yard. You'll find caps, that you wouldn't find in the retail box stores. Around here, the supply yards carry better quality than the typical outlets.

Reply to
josh

I wholeheartedly second this suggestion. A galvanized cap has a very short warranty, while most stainless caps have lifetime guarantees. Unless you're the sort to regularly inspect your cap, the first sign of trouble will be the rust streaks running down your chimney. Buy stainless and forget about it.

Many home improvement stores or fireplace stores will have caps in stock, as will chimney sweeps. You can also order online. This took about a minute to find:

When adhering to terra cotta, you want to avoid over-tightening and cracking it.

HTH,

mark

Reply to
Mark Cato