chimney cap leak

Need to seal/caulk leak in metal chimney cap. It is about 30 feet above fireplace insert. I don't know how hot it gets when there is a fire in the insert. Is there a special sealant/caulk I should use or would silicon be OK?
google, "high temperature sealant" and find one that suits your needs

Frank Thompson wrote:

Some kind of refractory cement might be better if you can't judge the temperature. There numerous varieties of 'furnace cement' in the market. many at industrial supply places like Grainger. Consultation with a masonry contractor might be useful as well. HTH
Joe

I've bought a "high temp silicone caulk at Hd or Lowes.
Bob