chimney

Hi, I had a high efficiency oil furnace installed to replace my old one. Since then i've had water coming down from the chimney in very cold weather. I called the installer and he told me I would need a liner installed in my chimney. His he right and is this something I can do myself?
Thanks

yeah probably right, why didnt you purchase a direct vent furnace?