Chiminea - LP gas

Does anyone know if it is possible to convert a chiminea to use propane? There are some out there that are already set up for this but they are expensive. I was thinking of taking a regular cast iron chiminea and inserting a fire ring in the bottom and put artificial logs on top. Does this sound do-able or is there a better alternative that won't cost too much?
Thanks, Brad

That would seem to be a waste of perfectly good natural resources (burning propane outside for no useful purpose). I bought a chininea to dispose of pruned and dead branches, less expensive than a chipper/shreader (twigs and branches in the compost bin are annoying). We are not allowed by city ordinance to have open fires (except for cooking), but it is not really open (screened) and has a stack, so it meets the definition of an incinerator (in my opinion). My backup if I run out of dead branches is a plot of woods in Wisconsin (2004 property taxes $18.98 for 12.5 acres).