Childproof Shower Handle

I use the term "childproof" advisedly. I seems to best describe what I want.
My goal is to temporarily disable the water valve on the tub/shower in Mom's retirement home apartment. She's functionally blind. We've arranged for help with showering. Unfortunately, we've had two floods when she's tried to 'go it alone.' I don't have the valve specifics, but it is a pull out and twist to adjust temperature, so the solution needs to be one that accommodates that. Swapping out the valve is also out of the question.
Has anyone seen anything that might work?
Thanks.
baumgrenze
Remove the knob and have the caregiver keep it in their possession?