Chest freezer -- erratic temperature

Our 15-yr-old chest freezer's temperature varies widely. Since we defrosted it a couple of weeks ago (and before that too) I've seen temperatures ranging from -8F to +18F, even when set to max. cold.

Replace thermostat?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Perce,

How are the gaskets? Like you, I'd suspect the thermostat

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

Considering how much more energy efficient the current crop are, I'd replace it. Probably won't cost a whole lot more than trial and error parts replacement on current one- and electricity savings will pay back soon.

Remember to remove the door/lid before putting the old one out at the curb.

Reply to
Wade Garrett