chest freezer

I'm wondering if it would be ok to use epoxy to repair the plastic trim on the top of a freezer that the gasket sits against? It got brittle and ended up cracking and has a few missing pieces. Or should I just go out and buy a whole new trim for it?

epoxy is also brittle.
if it needs to be soft or flexible, you could run a thin bead of silicone adhesive down, put a layer of plastic wrap over it, and shut the door. it would form a perfect seal custom matched to the shape of whatever was on top of it.
a lot of it isn't actually the place where the gasket hits, it's like on the top cap edge of the chest part. I'm thinking it could be allowing warm air into the sides of the freezer... it's a frost-free freezer however has started to show frost on the walls...

This is Turtle.
J & B Weld , Good silicon , or Liquid Nail will fill in the cracks for the gasket to sit down on. Just make sure it is smooth where the gasket touches it.
TURTLE