Chest freezer 110 or 220?

I'm sure larger ones come in 220, but for a chest freezer around 5 to 10 cubic feet would the standard be 110 or 220 volts? I was looking at some on sears.com and none of them had electrical specs.
Thanks
--

Ray

Remove NO and SPAM to reply
Ray wrote:

actually 120 these days, only commercial freezers come in 240 volt models
The smaller (5 - 10 cf) units for the home will be 110.
BTW - here's an FYI...
I bought a 5.3 cf unit froms Lowes. I was talking to a tech from the company that makes the unit and he told me that the smaller units run most efficiently when filled to about 75% capacity. Keep this in mind - if you really have 5 cf of food to store, you might want to buy a bigger unit.
Ray wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:

True, especially in uprights. The so-called efficiency comes from the fact that, when you open the door, cold air falls out on the floor and is replaced by warmer air on top. So, if it is full of frozen rocks, there is less air to fall out and less air from which to remove heat once the door is closed and things equalize. Chest freezers suffer less from this problem.
The smaller (5 - 10 cf) units for the home will be 110.
BTW - here's an FYI...
I bought a 5.3 cf unit from Lowes. I was talking to a tech from the company that makes the unit and he told me that the smaller units run most efficiently when filled to about 75% capacity. Keep this in mind - if you really have 5 cf of food to store, you might want to buy a bigger unit.
Ray wrote:

I've never seen or heard of a home type freezer that is 220 volt in the US. 220V 50 Hz is common is Europe and some other places but would be a rarity in the US..
I believe he meant 208V. Many large commercial freezers use 208V on three phase systems. 220V is Europe.