Chemicals?

Hello,
Often I see several substances such as cleaners, fertilizers, pestisides etc. all have the same ingredients but go under a different name.Given that we are charged based on the application...IE: my swimming pool cartridge cleaner product bought from a pool supply house is 7 bucks a bottle......on investigation of it's contents I see it is nothing more than isopropal alcohol and can buy a dozen for the same price...My question or perhaps a suggestion is someone should come up with the exact ingredient list of household products and put them on a website...Is there a wesbsite?

Look up the MSDS sheet.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

HAZCOM standard does not require that all ingredients be listed on the MSDS and except for specific materials, percentages of listed ingredients are not required. Chief requirements of an MSDS is to list hazards of material, first aid and handling suggestions.
-snip-

Don't know of a general website-- but for the pool stuff there are a couple of chemists who hang out at the pool&spaforum. http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php ? [Chem geek, and Nitro in the hot tub chemistry forum- I imagine someone covers the pool chemistry]
They've simplified and 'cheepified' my hot tub maintenance to practically nothing.
Jim

You dont know much, what pesticide has the same ingrediant as a cleaner or fertiliser. Denatured alcohol is maybe 11$ a gallon, try that and use the rest in your gas.

You dont know much, what pesticide has the same ingrediant as a cleaner or fertiliser. Denatured alcohol is maybe 11$ a gallon, try that and use the rest in your gas.
My Bad... I see where someone could take that out of context... Okay...let me reword that for you so I don't get picked apart...
Often I see several substances such as cleaners, fertilizers. pesticides etc. go under different names but use the same ingredients...
Brilliant idea, and I'm sure the sales and marketing people would have a fit. You would be killing thier cash cow, don't you know?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus