Chemical to 'smooth' inside of toilet trap

Does anyone know of a chemical method of smoothing out the inside of a toilet trap? I have 3 almost identical toilets and most suffer from too small opening through the porcelain. Recently, one developed the ability to catch toilet paper and hold it in place. I am guessing the finish has gotten rough.
Art Todesco wrote:

More likely accretions of hard water deposits.
Muriatic acid should take care of it.

yeah get all the water out a acid treat the bowl and down the dip tube so water low is as good as possible.
theres another discussion here with instructions and safety warnings

what kind of toilets are they?

I doubt you will be able to sell a used toilet, especially one that doesn't flush well.
It would limit the number of potential buyers, but have you considered selling the whole house?

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: > On Apr 6, 1:19�pm, Art Todesco
wrote in message >>>
> [...]
I'd like to follow up on my own thread .... many months later. I added a piece of plastic pipe to the overflow tube and increased the water by only 1/2 to 3/4" and the toilet now works very well. I'm sure the 1.6 GPF is now a bit higher, however. you can't beat success. Thanks for the suggestions.

The secret is in the method that you flush it don.t flick the handle hold it till the water has gotten as high as it can in the bowl and release it you then have used all the water avaible.