chemical sprayed on dirt in crawlspace

A friend had some mold/mildew in his crawlspace. I don't know if it was on the structure of the house, or on the dirt, but he said that a contractor came and sprayed the dirt with a chemical and then covered the entire dirt with plastic.

What chemical do you think was sprayed on the dirt to inhibit spore growth? How thick of plastic would need to be layed down? Have any of you had this done?

Reply to
Todd

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says... :) What chemical do you think was sprayed on the dirt to inhibit spore :) growth? How thick of plastic would need to be layed down? Have any :) of you had this done? :) :) I am not sure what would of been used on the soil...Tim- bor and other borates are used to treat the wood on the underside of the structure and then plastic is placed on the soil as a moisture barrier. I would think his receipt would give the name of the chemical used.

Reply to
Lar