chemical sponge query

quite a while ago, I saved the advice of some of you [in a.c.] to use chemical sponges to clean soot, etc. from walls.

having the need now to clean soot off a wall, I set forth in quest of the same. several stores, large and small disclaimed all knowledge of them

a netsearch provided me with a few trade names, e.g. Bane-Clene Smoke Off for Fire Damage, Wall-Clene(TM), Smoke-Solv

recommendations would be welcome as would leads to retail suppliers in Real Life (tm)

Reply to
cycjec

Just a thought...

Have you tried a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or one the generic store-brand equivalents?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I have, and they don't do a thing.

Reply to
cycjec

I have a similar problem, with a bad batch of LP gas coating my walls and ceiling (and my cat, when I had one) with soot.

Simple Green does a passable job, but it is more work than I care to do.

Out here in the boonies, cleaning folks are hard to come by.

Reply to
MajorOz