Chemical for shower tile chip repair

I've been considering a number of various clear coatings to apply to a small chip on a shower wall tile, and would like input on what might be best to use.
Please don't suggest replacing the entire tile. It's simply out of the question in my case.
Thanks in advance.
Mike wrote:

Clear? Why bother...just seal it if anything.
(snip)

Just seal it? Could you be a little more specific? All of the compounds I'm considering could be classified as sealants.