chem-dry vs. steam cleaners

anyone out there have first hand experience with the chem-dry system? They are running specials in my area same or less then the steam cleaners - ~$150/800sqft. Their systems would seem to do better since they use a buffer like machine with brushes that agitate the carpet and they use less water which means not as much left behind, supposedly. anyway, would like to hear from you if you have used this method and how clean it really got your carpet.
thx! TLF

Worked great in my office where we were dealing with just "general dirt", but no nasty stains due to spills. Dried faster, much less smell.

I had the "Dry" system used on part of my carpeting. I wasn't impressed. I think that the Rug Doctor that I rented did a better job.
When this outfit started about 10yrs ago it was great but something changed. My guess is that the original chem was outlawed and they had to resort to the run-of-the-mill stuff available. I stopped using them too.

Wasn't even remotely as thorough as a steam cleaner with built-in scrubber brushes, like Rug Doctor, etc.. Tried it once. Great waste of money.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Agreed, and it didn't dry any faster than with extraction cleaned carpet methods.