Check valve for waste pump

Hi,
I have a waste pump in my basement that is connected via a check valve to our main waste line. The problem I have is the installed check valve makes a loud noise when the pump stops.
Please give me any suggestions for a more quiet check valve.
Thanks
Chambers wrote:

This noise you hear indicates the proper operation of the check valve. When the pump shuts off, the weight of the water on top of the valve closes the valve against its base. These components are usually rubber in which you should hear a dull thudd, however, if the rubber is hardened, the rubber parts on the valve are worn, or it is just a cheap check valve, the noise may be exaggerated. Just take out the check valve and swap it out with a new one from Sears or HD. See if the noise is reduced. One additional option would be to wrap the PVC with foam to help further deaden the noise.
Hi,
Hi,
The valve is about a year old. However, I am willing to replace it with a more quite valve.
I'll try your foam rap suggestion.
Thanks

Chambers wrote:

Are you sure it's only the valve? It may depend on what the pipe is bolted to, e.g. a hollow wall.
Hi Matt,
It is braced with metal straps attached to floor support beams.

Vertical or horizontal mounted? If you have a spring check you can go to a swing check.
Since it is a shitty job, I'd leave it unless it is waking up the neighbors.
Hi,
It is horizontal mounted and may be spring checked.
Thanks
wrote in message

You should hear a thud, mine does it too when the pump shuts and the valve closes. Mine is vertically installed.
You most have lot of back pressure that is why you hear thud, there are some rubber check valves that maybe perhaps quieter but not necessarily as good power check valve I never hear of such thing @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Hi,
Does anyone know of a powered check valve that is more quiet? My thinking is, a powered valve might have more precise closing?
Thanks

Chambers wrote:

Do a GOOGLE search for: Quiet + Check + Valve
There will be a lot to sort thru, but they are out there.
Jim