Check my arithmetic.

Page 1 of 2
I think I'm right but now I am second guessing myself.
If I have a 100 watt bulb that burns for 10 hours, I will use 1 kilowatt of electricty.
So if my electric costs approximately $.10 per kilowatt, it costs me ten cents to burn the bulb for 10 hours.
TIA

1 kilowatt-hour

per kilowatt-hour

Math right, terminology wrong.
Doug Miller wrote: ...

/pedant
Not "terminology"; "units"
pedant/

Feeling particularly A-R today, are you? <g>
Doug Miller wrote:

Sorta'... :)
But in my defense I'll note that the two units are fundamentally different, not just "terminology" (another word for the same thing)...

What's another word for thesaurus?

Dictionary.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Sounds right and that is around $7.20 a month. It adds up pretty quickly when you have 7 bucks here and 7 bucks there..
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You can kill more than seven bucks here: http://www.versuscountrybagamonsterbuck.com/
On 2/23/2009 11:44 AM HeyBub spake thus:

HeyBub, you owe me that last 10 minutes of my life back. (I have dialup.)
Rating: pretty dang easy (I'm not a video-game player and I managed to shoot almost all them bucks). Oh, and the music sucks. (But whaddya want for free?)
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won\'t use it. I like it
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:12:23 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

It cost a penny per hour at $.10 Using Google......1 month in hourshttp://www.google.com/search?q=month+in+hours&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz 3GGGL_enUS310US310 1 month = 730.484398 hours x .01 = $7.30 a month
Google has some powerful conversion features.
metspitzer wrote: ...

And exactly _which_ month is it that has that odd 29 min and 3.83... seconds in it??? :)

Good point. I really didn't consider that. I was just trying to show off Google's conversion features.
dpb wrote:

Well, they all kinda do.
Twenty-nine-plus minutes per month = about 6 hours per year and, in four years, that's about a full day, which is accounted for by a leap year.

It comes from leap year: 400 years (4800 months) have 97 leap years (every 4, except (divisible by 100 and not divisible by 400)) and 303 non-leap years. 303*365 + 97*366 = 146097 days, *24 = 3506328 hours. Divide by 4800 to get 730.485 hours/month.
Google's number may include leap seconds or other correction I didn't have above.
Of course, anything that requires evaluating the savings over a 400 year horizon just might turn out to not be cost effective :-)
Josh
Josh wrote:

Of course.
I simply pointed out it isn't _any_ one month (and note the :) ).

True but who is 0.10 per Kwh, My area of the midwest some pay 0.178 KWH.
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:21:29 -0800 (PST), ransley

hehe. That would be ME. Im at 0.08 per Kwh Nat Gas is 1.24
You can check out the averages here for electric http://www.eia.doe.gov/cneaf/electricity/epm/table5_6_a.html
Bubba

With taxes, final bill amount, dividing KWH by amount owed?

Where? It doesn't seem to be above about $.12 in the midwest according the the chart the other poster provided.
JK