cheapest natural gas boiler 60,000 BTU or more

Page 2 of 2
i don't know. don't forget freight on that weight, and trucking to your dock or door plus hiring a mover to place it from curb to basement. the last 120000 dunkirk boiler new in 1990 cost under $3000 including all parts and labor installed into a working system with 4 zone valves by a hvac contractor. boiler prices are generally just quoted to hvac contractors because the distributors don't want the liability of selling to a beginner who may screw up its installation and expect a warranty to cover their existing untested system problems. qualified hvac installers don't like being put into the position of using customer furnished parts due to safety concerns. most refuse this work. the poor guy who OOPS turns off the resupply fresh water valve during heating season to "repair" the pressure relief valve is dripping on the floor unknowingly awaits impending damage to his boiler.
"Q: Can I buy a boiler direct from the factory? A: No -as a manufacturer of equipment we sell our product only thru wholesale distribution who in turn will supply the dealer trade in your area with our products along with all the other items your dealer will need for your system. We support the professional tradesmen to know that your new piece of heating equipment is installed and operating correctly for maximum efficiency and safety concerns. With today's installation codes, in many area's a piece of equipment can only be installed by a licensed plumber or heating technician, which is good for the industry and safety of all concerned." http://www.dunkirk.com/faq.asp
buffalobill wrote:

Thank you. I guess Dunkirk probably won't be receiving my business. I am sure someone wants my money.

Looks like these guys will take it http://www.alpinehomeair.com/viewcategory.cfm/categoryID/105/p/Natural_Gas_or_Propane_ (LP)_Fuel,_Water_Boilers About $1500 for the cheapest 62k Btu.
I have no idea how the price compares with a local supplier.

Damn! And you have so much money to spread around, too!
You cheap fuck......