Cheap-o Walk-In Tubs for Elderly

Have to research walk-in tubs for an elderly family member. If anyone knows of a non-luxury version of this luxury item, I'd appreciate a link. Thanks.

Reply to
pennsylady2002

shower stall MUCH better choice.

Ideally the kind where the lowest floor spot in room is shower drain and entire shower floor slopes to the drain. walk in shower no lip to trip on, mop bath floor easy, toilet overflow all goes down drain:)

really they should mandate this somehow

Reply to
hallerb

This site claims to have the least expensive and says they will beat any price posted on the Internet:

Hope you can find something. Good luck!

Jo Ann

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Jo Ann

My wife's elderly aunt had a lot of work done free by some assistance program in PA. Make a few phone calls to a senior center or some such place for leads and you may get what you need a reduced cost or better.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Something funny there: No prices anywhere and IMO they want all your info before they'll even talk money.

Pop

Reply to
Pop

Hmmm, that does sound fishy. I didn't look around the site that much. Google turned up several sites, so there's lots of opportunity to comparison shop. I'm not even elderly and have often thought one of these walk-in tubs would be nice. My mother has the type of shower described by another poster (no lip, all tile sloped toward drain) and while it is convenient and easy to use, nothing beats a nice, hot soak when that's what you want.

Jo Ann

P> > > This site claims to have the least expensive and says they will > > beat

Reply to
Jo Ann

Reply to
noname87

My mother showed an ad for something like this

to the maintenance folks at the senior apartment complex she lived in. About a month later they installed one for her. She was thrilled with it.

Reply to
Frank K.

I installed one of these a few years back for my MIL.

At the time it was the least expensive well made walk-in tub I could find.

We have been very satisified with it.

Michael Thomas Paragon Home Inspection, LLC Chicago, IL mdt@paragoninspectsDOTcom

847-475-5668
Reply to
MDT at Paragon Home Inspection

I applaude the idea BUT, realistically even someone who can get over a

4 inch ledge may be unable to in the future:( plus many old folks if they do get don in the tub will have trouble getting back up and are a fall risk.

a no curb shower is a much better long term solution....

Reply to
hallerb

Thanks to you, Edwin, Pop, hallerb, Joann, and everybody for taking the time to help. What I can't get over is the meanness of some of these rip joints, where the web site shows some very aged soul being taken care of by someone in a nurse's uniform...then tells you on the next link that their wonderful product for the elderly goes for, oh, only $5,000 plus your firstborn.

Thanks again, everyonne!

Reply to
pennsylady2002

Thanks you for the post.

larryp7639

Just keep in mind that one needs to sit in the tub while it fills and drains. So unless you have 2 inch water feed and 4 inch drain it could get a little chilly and extend your bathtime by a significant amount.

Reply to
rmorton