Cheap-o Walk-In Tubs for Elderly

Have to research walk-in tubs for an elderly family member. If anyone knows of a non-luxury version of this luxury item, I'd appreciate a link. Thanks.
shower stall MUCH better choice.
Ideally the kind where the lowest floor spot in room is shower drain and entire shower floor slopes to the drain. walk in shower no lip to trip on, mop bath floor easy, toilet overflow all goes down drain:)
really they should mandate this somehow
This site claims to have the least expensive and says they will beat any price posted on the Internet: http://www.bathingsolutions.com /
Hope you can find something. Good luck!
Jo Ann
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

In wrote:

Hmmm, that does sound fishy. I didn't look around the site that much. Google turned up several sites, so there's lots of opportunity to comparison shop. I'm not even elderly and have often thought one of these walk-in tubs would be nice. My mother has the type of shower described by another poster (no lip, all tile sloped toward drain) and while it is convenient and easy to use, nothing beats a nice, hot soak when that's what you want.
Jo Ann
Pop wrote:

responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Cheap-o-Walk-In-Tubs-for-Elderly-131510-.htm larryp7639 wrote:
Jo Ann wrote:

-------------------------------------
Thanks you for the post.
_______________ http://moviesonlinefree.biz
On 6/15/2010 11:51 PM, larryp7639 wrote:

http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Cheap-o-Walk-In-Tubs-for-Elderly-131510-.htm
drains. So unless you have 2 inch water feed and 4 inch drain it could get a little chilly and extend your bathtime by a significant amount.

My wife's elderly aunt had a lot of work done free by some assistance program in PA. Make a few phone calls to a senior center or some such place for leads and you may get what you need a reduced cost or better.
One option is to cut an opening in the side of the tub if it is fiberglass/plastic/etc. My mom did this and after fiberglassing the opening and refinishing, it looked good. Couldn't take a bath anymore obliviously. Funny thing was, she never used it. Ended up using a shower stall that had built in safety bars and seat.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

My mother showed an ad for something like this http://www.disableddealer.com/item_view.asp?itemid 8571 to the maintenance folks at the senior apartment complex she lived in. About a month later they installed one for her. She was thrilled with it.

I installed one of these a few years back for my MIL.
http://www.bathease.com/products.htm
At the time it was the least expensive well made walk-in tub I could find.
We have been very satisified with it.
Michael Thomas Paragon Home Inspection, LLC Chicago, IL mdt@paragoninspectsDOTcom 847-475-5668
I applaude the idea BUT, realistically even someone who can get over a 4 inch ledge may be unable to in the future:( plus many old folks if they do get don in the tub will have trouble getting back up and are a fall risk.
a no curb shower is a much better long term solution....
MDT at Paragon Home Inspections, LLC wrote:

Thanks to you, Edwin, Pop, hallerb, Joann, and everybody for taking the time to help. What I can't get over is the meanness of some of these rip joints, where the web site shows some very aged soul being taken care of by someone in a nurse's uniform...then tells you on the next link that their wonderful product for the elderly goes for, oh, only $5,000 plus your firstborn.
Thanks again, everyonne!