cheap bath vanity storage for rental apartment

I'm renting an apartment without a storage cabinet under the bathroom vanity sink.
The bathroom is small so I hate having wasted space. Also it's not very attractive for the metal pipes under the sink to be visible.
If I owned the apartment I would probably just buy a new sink and cabinet. However, I don't want to spend that kind of money on a rental apartment.
Can anyone suggest a cheap alternative?
I've found lots of bathroom storage products such as over the toilet shelves but nothing to increase space under the sink.
I was hoping to find something such as a plastic cabinet but would like to hear any possible solution.
Thanks in advance.
Some person >"@(none)" ""d\"@(none)" wrote:

Seeing as how you're renting, you could build a small cupboard around the sink. Don't nail or screw to the wall, or caulk around the sink. It's not your house. That would be the cheapest route. I've replaced damaged ones in rentals, and the cheapest Borg stuff is expensive. Tom Work at your leisure!
Tom wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Any pointers (or links) on how to build a copboard and where to obtian the necessary materials?
--
D.

Tom wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Any pointers (or links) on how to build a copboard and where to obtian the necessary materials?
--
D.

A very eary solution would be to make a skirt out of vinyl or a shower curtain and attach to the sink with sticky velcro. You could then put anything that would fit, lol, under the sink for storage. Milk crate, plastic shoe boxes etc.
Mickey

Curtains.