"Chaulky" vinyl siding?

House is about seven years old. It's a light brown colour (hickory is the name). It has vinyls siding and I've noticed that it looks "chaulky"... Like the oils in the plastic are drying out.
I haven't looked really close to it yet, but I'm wondering what might be happening.
Located in Calgary, AB, Canada.
Noozer wrote:

UV and other weathering, probably. May be able to wash it and restore some color, may not depending on the particular vinyl...
Subject line is kind of redundant don't you think? Vinyl=chalky.
true seamless steel is the only way to go.

Somewhat normal as the UV attacks it. Wash it off and it will be OK for another couple of years. Repeat every two years for the next 50 years or so.

-- Repeat every two years for the next 50 years or so.
And then what?

Paint it. Good for another 50 years or more if you re-paint every 10.