Charts for wire nuts and the combinations of wires that can go in each color?

Maybe you've found your niche in life to create such an animal --

I would presume if you looked at the web sites of the various manufacturers you would find the same information in forms from which you could relatively easily construct such a table.

--

Reply to
dpb

You can go to this web page, click on 'wire connectors' and than click on each size and/or color to find a corresponding chart with wire sizes and number of wires, if that helps:

Al Gosztyla

Does anyone know of a chart with a COMPREHENSIVE listing of the combinations of wire sizes that can go in each color of wire nut?

I've done a google search but didn't find any such charts amoung the myriad results.

I see that there are some capacities listed on the box when you buy a certain color but I'd like something I could have on the computer which gives as many combinations as possible and I could easily look up what I need.

Reply to
StarMan

I seriously doubt it, but I don't have one ottomh. If you say you can't find what you're looking for, I'm also assuming that's a data point of at least what you think you want may not be in the form you want it...I really don't know what beyond the information on the boxes you would want, frankly.

Oh, let's see... Ideal, 3M, Gardner Bender, come to mind...

I was also presuming if you had boxes to look at you had manufacturers of product contained within those boxes...

--

Reply to
dpb

So I presume none yet exists?

As for basic information - it would help to have some idea who the manufacturers are. If you have no idea, that's ok, just say so ;)

Reply to
StarMan

Hi, thanks, this helped a lot! :-)

Reply to
StarMan

If we knew how to automatically and efficiently pack unequal circles into a larger circle (with a "maximal hole degree algorithm"?), we might be able to figure out how many 22 ga wires we could fit into an orange wire nut with a minimum capacity of 1 18 ga + 1 20 ga wire and a maximum capacity of

4 16 ga + 1 20 ga wires.

Wikipedia says an AWG N gauge wire has a 0.005x92^((36-N)/39) inch diameter.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

"StarMan" wrote in news:8XnOj.47364$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net:

O the back of some of the boxes I have there's a combo list.

Reply to
Red Green