"Charlick" plastic water pipe

Dear All

I was digging up some pavers around my house and managed to rupture one of my water pipes. Problem is that it seems to be something non-standard (in Australia anyway) and I'm having trouble finding out what bits I can use to fix it.

The pipe is black plastic, like polypipe except thicker and stiffer. It has 'Charlick HI-POL 3/4" B class" written on it (although that might be R class, it's hard to tell). It's being used for mains pressure, but I have no idea if it's actually rated for mains. It appears to have lasted ok for 15 years or so, so I guess it must be. The previous owner has no idea about it (or at least, that's his story...)

Has anyone seen this stuff before, maybe know what it is or some more info about it?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
spamblackhole88

it is or some more

These guys in Adelaide?????: Charlick Operations Pty Ltd 55 Waymouth St, ADELAIDE 5000 William Charlick Ltd, London Road, Mile End South 5031 Otherwise I would ask folks like plumbers, well drillers, etc., if they know the name. Or call Iplex

any of these guys:

Roy Starrin

Hi Roy

Thanks for the help. After a fair bit of department-hopping Iplex managed to figure out what it probably is, even though they didn't know who Charlick are.

It's more commonly known as "rural poly", and is probably "Class 6", which is a bit of a problem because it's only rated to 87 psi (600 kPa) and it's currently at full mains pressure. In Adelaide (where I live) this might be up to 800 kPa and the water pipe is supposed to be "Class

12". The previous owner was a bit of a half-arsed handyman and I keep finding little surprises where he did some renovations but didn't quite do it right. I guess this is another one.

Well at least I now know what fittings to use, and just hope our mains pressure never gets too high (luckily we're on top of the hill).

Thanks again for the pointers!

Cheers Richard

Roy Starr> >'Charlick HI-POL 3/4" B class" written on it (although that might be R

what it is or some more

spamblackhole88