Charging Cordless Batteries in a Car

I'd like to hear from anyone who is having success charging the batteries for a cordless tool using an inverter in their car.
Especially if they are using one of the less expensive inverters that does not produce a true sine wave.
On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 08:16:30 -0400, The Streets wrote:

I charge batteries for my Sony camcorder, and still camera with no problem using a 400 watt AC Delco el-cheapo inverter. Also use it to charge the battery in my laptop.
--
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 08:16:30 -0400, "The Streets"

I always wondered what would happen if a 12v tool battery was hooked right to the car battery?????

Smoke? Fire? Exploding batteries?
Put the appropriate resistor or some other current limiting component in series and it would charge them.
Bob
The Streets wrote:

I have a charger that just plugs into any power point in the car. No inverter needed. It came with my DeWalt tool set.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit