Charge for Installing Chair Rail

What would be a reasonable charge for installing chair rail. Do they charge by the foot? It is already painted, only need to install it.
Also what is the standard height?
Thanks for any help.
Jim
Jim Jacobs wrote:

Is it one piece? Do you want coped or mitered inside corners? How broken up is the room? How big is the room? Where is the project and what is the availability of local carpenters?
If you want a real price and not a guess, instead of asking on a newsgroup, call a local carpenter.
Chair rail height can vary depending on whether it is purely decorative or also functional. 36-40" is pretty common.

Please ignore any response you get from G Hensley. Besides being a 'putz', he's an incompetent who doesn't know a hammer from a drill and is just here to make some people feel uncomfortable. Someone with knowledge (a brain) will surely answer you.
Jerry "asswipe" L wrote:

You remind me of a chihuahua, all trembling and pissin'. LOL. But you are a good fetcher, asswipe.

Aren't you glad to be able to hide behind a keyboard? People like you haven't got the balls to talk like you do face to face. Everyone is right. I'm wasting my time to talk to trash like you. Enjoy my killfile
JerryL wrote:

I call bullshit. You love it. Shaddup and go get the ball, asswipe.

Please, Jerry. KillFile him and be done.....
Jim Jacobs wrote:

They who?
I will install it for $500 a day + expenses. 5 day minimum.

Trade secret. Paypal me $250 and I'll email you the specs.
Locate your studs and nail it up. It's that easy.

I'd charge by the hour, myself.

Depends. How high are the chairs? If you don't have specific furniture in mind, then the chair-rail should be 38.2% of the height of the room, as long as that number is between 32" and 48"
--Goedjn

charge
Fibonacci?
Ranieri wrote:

No, he's telling the truth.

Close. Golden ratio. 1 to 1.618. (Which is .618 to 1)
So the size of top half as a proportion of the total wall is the same as the size of the bottom half as a proportion of the top half.
Any time you can't think of a reason to use some other ratio, that's the one you should use, architecturally.