Changing the water in my well

Page 1 of 2

How often should I change the water in my well? The realtor who sold me the house told me to do it every 6 months to keep the well properly lubricated. My neighbor said I should just change it every three months or at the same time I change the oil in my car. Then I asked an old retired plumber and he told me he never changes it, and it's not needed. Who should I believe?
There's another thing I am not sure about. When I change the water, where do I get the new water to put in the well after I drain the old water? Is there a recycling place where I can take the old water?
Jim
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@vasquelly.com wrote:

Go to bed..........you're drunk.
Add pictures here
✖

Drunk of just plain dumb, but, I did know of a guy with an old cistern type well that would dry up in a drought and local fire company would come around and fill it.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@vasquelly.com wrote:

--
This is an election year. By common law,
the truth is legally suspended.
On Aug 19, 1:17 am, snipped-for-privacy@vasquelly.com wrote:

The 'people in the know' suggest that it be done every time you change the air in your tires from summer to winter and vice versa.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@vasquelly.com wrote:

It's called flushing. You run the water from the highest volume point, usually off the pump directly until the water level in the well hits the bottom or close to it. Then you just leave it alone and it will automatically refill. It's not really needed unless you have to flash chlorinate the well because of a high bacteria count ( usually caused by lack of use) It's best to empty the well before dumping the chlorine down it. For normal use and a good yearly water test it is not necessary to mess with it.
--
Blattus Slafaly ف ٣ :) ⅞

Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@vasquelly.com wrote:

usually off the pump directly until the water level in the well hits the bottom or close to it. Then you just leave it alone and it will automatically refill. It's not really needed unless you have to flash chlorinate the well because of a high bacteria count ( usually caused by lack of use) It's best to empty the well before dumping the chlorine down it. For normal use and a good yearly water test it is not necessary to mess with it.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:40:26 -0400, Blattus Slafaly

I couldn't figure out what the OP was asking. :-) Thanks for enlightening me.
I had not heard of that procedure before, but here is a site that describes it: http://www.des.state.nh.us/factsheets/ws/ws-4-11.htm
________________________ Whatever it takes.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 03:17:49 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@vasquelly.com wrote:

Just use your garden hose to refill the well periodically.
-- Jack
Add pictures here
✖
Jack Hunt wrote:

IMO, when city people show up in misc.rural some people have way more than their fair share of fun with them.... LOL
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:23:41 -0400, Jim wrote:

But, clever enough to reel you in. It's the troll, back from vacation.
Add pictures here
✖
Ann wrote:

Jack Hunt had the reel... that was pretty funny what Jack said.
jimbloom, got the troll ribbon for the emulation of a city person.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:52:35 -0400, Jim wrote:

No, there is usually something about his posts that "over the top" enough to recognize.
Add pictures here
✖
Ann wrote:

yes Ann, jimbloom is 100% troll. but still what Jack Hunt replied with was funny to me.
it was those who went on about the business of a lengthy explanation who missed the troll and besides, I offered no such assistance.
you should link more pictures of yours. from the replies people enjoyed them. I liked them... :)
Add pictures here
✖

What can I say? Sometimes they just jump in the boat. ;-)
-- Jack http://www.huntslodge.com
Add pictures here
✖
Jack Hunt wrote:

laughter is a good thing and everyone needs a good LOL and you know, a good belly laugh is even better.
thanks for the one you gave to me...
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:08:26 -0400, Jim wrote:

I didn't disagree with that.

But it did get you to mention "city folks" again. <vbg>

The next ones I take aren't going to be pleasant. They'll be of how much damage the state did today with their r-o-w herbiciding. Since it was about 10 days after they normally do it, I thought common sense might have prevailed. I should have known better.
Add pictures here
✖
Ann wrote:

oh yea. <g> but Ann, it's city people and then there's Country Folks. the two are separate and separated by the city limit sign and oh how I wish they'd stay on their side of their sign or at least get trash bags to put in their cars.

our state hwy department has taken up that practice in certain locations. I'm hoping they don't come down my road anytime soon. right now I've got a nice stand of Italian rye on the hwy frontage. I keep it mowed and it looks pretty good as long as we're getting some rain.
link the pictures and then send an email to the office people in your state who are responsible asking them how they'd like their front yards along their streets to look like this... might get some response..
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 00:06:56 -0400, Jim wrote:

Then, you consider suburbanites to be country folks?

Might get a response but nothing would change. One county took the state to court about it - pointing out that it made no sense to promote tourism then trash the roadsides right before the fall leaf viewing season. Iirc the decision was that the county could limit spraying on county-owned land, but that was it.
Add pictures here
✖

Here, you can erect 'no spray' signs as long as you keep the noxious weeds under control. That helps for your frontage only though. They don't spay to kill grass here...or didn't. I saw some suspicious stretches yesterday that looked like the grass was dead.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖