Changing the belt on a Mastercut riding mower.

Hello all,

I've had a Mastercut riding mower for about 10 years that finally shredded a belt.

It's a 12 HP, 42 inch cut.

It's the belt that runs the blades.

I have a new belt, but it looks like it's harder to do than I anticipated.

The belt has to go around several things and I have no idea how to do this.

I'm on a limited income and would prefer to do this myself. The shops cost more than I can afford right now.

Can anyone give me some instruction on how this is done safely and properly?

Thank you for your help

Reply to
Talk2Me

I suspect that if you just begin to install the belt, you'll figure out how it goes. I think if it's done wrong you will either not be able to fit it onto the drive puller or it will be too loose and fall of that pulley. I just replaced the belt on a Deutz-Allis and had no idea how it went but once I started, it was obvious it could only go one way. Good Luck and don't pinch a finger between a pulley and the belt.

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom G